Since the company was founded by Wilhelm Christmann and Otto Pfeifer under the name "Christmann, Pfeifer & Co." in 1925, corporate foresight, reliable stability and high quality have run like a common theme through our history. Christmann, Pfeifer & Co. already enjoyed an excellent reputation for producing sheet metal and steel products shortly after its foundation. But, always driven by its view of the future, it didn't stop there.
The following years were characterized by the expansion of the company. The company survived a major fire in 1962 - which destroyed the whole company in a dramatic shock - with the right attitude: tackle matters, find creative solutions and remain confident. Production facilities were built up once again. Even in the early days it was taken for granted that new business areas should be opened up and further production facilities and sites established. This environment of continuous change still remains part of our corporate philosophy today.
The subsequent management personnel of the company continued with the course of continuous growth and constant modernization of CHRISTMANN + PFEIFER - and are still following this path. In 1996 the company was restructured: Christmann & Pfeifer GmbH & Co. KG assumed the function of a holding company, the construction and fitting out divisions were separated and each was given its own management. This took place following the appointment of an external Supervisory Board in 1985 as a further element which would secure the future of the company. In 1999 the training center was established. This still ensures the next generation of skilled workers in the region and is the largest training network for the metal sector in Hesse. Today, CHRISTMANN + PFEIFER is represented throughout Germany with its own branch offices and production facilities. Some 1,000 people overall are employed at CHRISTMANN + PFEIFER and many apprentices qualify for their future careers here. CHRISTMANN + PFEIFER therefore looks back on almost 100 years of positive business growth.